Why do it?
Lots of reasons but mainly:
- It’s FUN and great for your child’s surf skills, surf confidence, and fitness.
- Participation in grass roots local event and local club where kids get to make new friends and be part of a team outside the school environment and across all age levels.
- A strong association with the surf club is a stabilising influence as kids hit adolescence.
Carnivals offer the true spirit of competition and camaraderie, in many cases forming friendships which last a lifetime.
There’s a comprehensive document about Carnivals “All About Nipper Carnivals” in the Downloads section in TeamApp.
How to Enter
Visit here: Carnivals open for entry
See the “Enter” links on the Website Calendar
- The Team App Calendar has listed many of the carnivals you can enter this season where you can find a link to a questionnaire for you to complete
- Ensure you subscribe to the Carnivals group on Team App to receive further information.
- If you enter a carnival you are expected to participate as entry fees are paid by the Club. U8’s can generally participate in most Sydney Northern Beaches carnivals. Note: Branch & State Championships do not include U8’s
- Each carnival requires an entry form to be filled in.
- The club pays for several carnivals during the year. “User Pay” carnivals are to be paid via “Team App > Store” when payment details are available.
- Entry into a “User Pay” carnival requires payment prior to close of entry date.
- Read carnival information as it becomes available to confirm Age Group and events of Water, Beach, or Both.
- Join the Facebook NCC Surf Sports Competitors Family Page for more information.
- Note: If you enter a carnival you are expected to participate as: –
- Several carnival entry fees are paid by NCCSLSC.
- Team organisation is a difficult enough task without having to account for missing competitors!
ALL parents of carnival kids are required to participate in at least one area of Official or Water Safety.
Note: The exception is for newcomers who have participated in 3 or fewer carnivals.
The earlier our Officials & Water Safety managers receive Official or Water Safety information the greater the chance of being at your chosen location.
To become an Official please email Stacey Smith (email@example.com)
To attain your Bronze please refer to the Education section of this website: Bronze Medallion and email an intention of obtaining your Bronze to Stacey Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Looking forward to seeing you at carnivals!