Youth Development Camp Blacksmiths Beach
North Curl Curl Youth Development Camp is held annually in September at Swansea Belmont SLSC, Blacksmiths Beach. It is open to all North Curly Nippers – specifically for the U9’s age group and upward but younger nippers are very welcome as long was there is parental supervision particularly in the water activities. It is a fun weekend and great opportunity to be introduced to, and have a go at all aspects of beach and surf skills, as well as learning about the senior club, surf lifesaving certificates, joining a patrol, and surf sport disciplines. More than anything it a time to meet fellow members and build friendships.
14th and 15th September 2019
EVERYBODY IS WELCOME!
COME HAVE SOME FUN AND GET TO KNOW YOUR CLUB MATES AND THEIR FAMILIES 🙂
Accommodation: Blacksmiths Caravan Park (onsite cabins still available as well as ensuite caravan sites and powered and unpowered sites. Book online www.lakemacholidayparks.com.au or get a group of you and book a house through AIRBNB/Stayz at Blacksmiths Beach……..Or even come up just for the Saturday.
If you know you are coming PLEASE fill in this compulsory “Blacksmiths Development Camp” Survey as we need to know who is attending to calculate food catering and equipment. (See this LINK if you need to review once you have filled in the survey)
Day 1 Saturday 14 September
- 8.00-9.00am: Breakfast at Blacksmiths Caravan Park
- 9:30am – 12.00pm: Taster Session try all aspects of Surf lifesaving Morning tea Included
- 12.00 – 1:30pm: Lunch and Free time
- 2.00 – 4:30pm: Surprise Session
- 4:30 – 6.00pm: Free Time
- 6.00pm onwards: Group Dinner at the Orana Hotel
Day 2 Sunday 15 September
- 9.00 -11.00am: Final Session – mini carnival and games
Development Camp Objectives
While the overall aim is for our clubs Youth (& their parents) and the Senior Competitors & Coaches to have a “fun weekend” away and build friendships key objectives of this program are;
- U9’s to U14’s and U15’s to 19’s (and their parents) to develop an understanding of the transition pathway into the Senior Club for example, Life Saving Certificates, joining a Surf Patrol, Surf Sports disciplines and coaching structures
- U9’s to U14’s and U15’s to 19’s (and their parents) will know who their Senior Club “Buddy / Mentor” is and who they can direct questions regarding point 1
- An opportunity to undertake a variety of Skills development sessions – Big Boards, Swimming /Body Surfing, Racing Ski’s (flat-water opportunity) beach sprinting, surfing (even maybe a paddle on double ski or IRB)
- Provide U9’s to U14’s and U15’s to 19’s with Pre-competition preparation tips e.g.: “the night before”, food on the day, hydration, sun care, race plans, goal setting & injury management