WHY DO IT?
Lots of reasons but mainly:
- It’s FUN and great for your child’s surf skills, surf confidence, and fitness.
- Participation in grass roots local event and local club where kids get to make new friends and be part of a team outside the school environment and across all age levels.
- A strong association with the surf club is a stabilising influence as kids hit adolescence.
Carnivals offer the true spirit of competition and camaraderie, in many cases forming friendships which last a lifetime.
There’s a comprehensive document about Carnivals “All About Nipper Carnivals” in the Downloads section in TeamApp.
HOW TO ENTER
Visit here: Carnivals open for entry
- If you enter a carnival you are expected to participate, if you do not attend the club is not responsible for refund. If you would like to apply for a refund this should be directed to the Surf sports director by email email@example.com .
- Each carnival has a questionnaire that must be filled out at the same time.
- In 23/24 North Curl Curl SLSC will cover the entry fee for the SNB Branch Championships, NSW State titles and the Australian Titles for Under 13s+. If you do not attend one of these carnivals, you will be invoiced for the entry fee, and this will need to be paid prior to entry at another championship event.
- Entry will not be completed unless payment is made.
- Read carnival information as it becomes available to confirm Age Group and events of Water, Beach, or Both.
- Join the Facebook NCC Surf Sports Competitors Family Page for more information.
ALL parents of carnival kids are required to participate in at least one area of Official or Water Safety.
Note: The exception is for newcomers who have participated in 3 or fewer carnivals.
The earlier our Officials & Water Safety managers receive Official or Water Safety information the greater the chance of being at your chosen location.
To become an Official please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To attain your Bronze please refer to the Education section of this website: Courses we Offer – North Curl Curl Surf Life Saving Club (nccslsc.com.au)
Looking forward to seeing you at carnivals!