NCC NEWS – SURF TO SHORE 12TH OCTOBER 2023
This weekend sees NCC SLSC really come alive with the start of Nippers on Sunday. The forecast is for sunshine and the surf will be friendly, Bottles will be in full swing as well!
If you’re a new member to our club experiencing “Ripper Nippers”, Nippers, patrols, surf sports or are training for your first SLS awards welcome to our community and thanks in advance you’re your involvement.
Our club can’t operate to the levels we hope to provide without our membership putting back in so my ask is “please if you can help in any way, either volunteering at Sunday Nippers… helping our marketing and events team or if you would like to Sponsor our club, get in touch directly with me and I will point you in the right direction”
To our members giving up their time to patrol our beach this weekend – THANK YOU
See you on the beach or in the Surf
Patrols are looking great so far this season. We have had really strong participation levels. A special shout-out and welcome to our new members Jayden, Blake, Will, Paul, Lauren, Patti and Kim, and new SRC’s Will and Luke. Thanks to everyone for such a big effort to give us a confident start to the season. Patrol 9 is clearly eyeing off the Patrol of the Year award already as they shovelled the sand out of the bottom shed last weekend – thank you! All teams have now completed the first round of patrols.
The water is warming up so get out there and prepare for your wet proficiency – Run – Swim – Run and this season, a demonstrated tube rescue. Proficiency dates are shown in ‘Training Events’ in your portal and you need to book a session.
IMPORTANT: There are still some folk who haven’t registered for this season. Before attending your patrol, can you please renew your membership via the club website. Patrol hours can’t be updated in Surfguard unless you are a financial member. You need to complete your e-Learning which will be avaliable in your portal. Please look out for emails from the Education team regarding Proficiency Dates and BOOK IN for a session.
Director of Lifesaving
Awesome week at the North Curl Curl training camp at Northcliffe. Big thanks to Sean, Brett, Kelly and Kylee for bringing it all together for the week. Great way to start the season with plenty of hard training and lots of fun for the team. Thanks to our hosts and coaches at Northcliffe for taking the time to train our squad!! Go Curly!!
Director of Surf Sports
Proficiency dates and session are now available on our website.
To book into proficiency:
- Register for the 2023/24 Season
- Log into the Surf portal and go to e-Learning ans skills maintenance online theory.
- Complete the skills and maintenance tasks listed.
- Under my training select the proficiency session you want and book into.
- Refresh your knowledge using the PSAR35 Manual avaliable to all members under resources.
- Arrive at your proficiency session early.
- Booking your session and completing the on-line are compulsory.
- First aid course is being held on 5th November, booking is essential! We will be hold the First Aid training within our clubhouse and want to gauge numbers who are interested. For members holding Advanced Resuscitation you must hold the Provide First Aid HLTAID011 to become proficient. For members requiring the qualification for further awards there is no cost for these.
- An Surf Rescue Certificate (SRC) course is planned commencing 5th November. Members 13 to 15 age group have been sent an expression of interest and full details. If you have not received information on the course please contact Kelly at email@example.com
- Bronze Medallion (BM) has kicked off with 26 members, we look forward to having them on our beach soon.
- We are holding an SRC to BM course before the end of December and dates to be finalised. Members wishing to do this course must have at least 12 hours patrolling over the last 12 months and have completed a proficiency with a club assessor beforehand we can apply to Branch to the the course.
Director of Education
NIPPERS STARTS ON SUNDAY!
Last call for registrations! Parents/Kids need to be registered to be covered for injury insurance, so please renew your membership by Friday at the latest. If you are not registered you will not be able to participate!
Preliminary Swim Evaluation is for anyone new to the club (exc U6 and U7), U8 or U9. See you at AquaCulture Swim, Brookvale on Saturday (14 Oct) at 1pm to 3pm (also held on 21 Oct at the same time). If anyone has any concerns about their child’s swimming ability, please come along so that we can properly assess them.
Looks like the weather gods will be kind to us this weekend. Hurrah!
See you at North Curly at 9am for U6 & U7, and 9.30am U8+.
Look out for your age group banner on the beach and get your name marked off.
Uniforms can be bought online and picked up on Sunday from 8am.
- U6 wear yellow cap, hi-vis rash vest optional
- U7 continue to wear the green cap, hi-vis rash vest optional
- U8+ wear the Club cap and hi-vis rash vests (green or pink) both are mandatory.
We can’t wait to see you on the beach!
Director of Junior Activites
We have set the date for our first Youth Night for the season! We will be hosting a movie night at the surf club. Loaded up with lollies, pizza, popcorn and more goodies! Please lock in November 4 in the calendar and let me know if you are attending, via the WhatsApp group or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The date has also been set for the Ladies Lunch. The Youth will be hosting this event, please stay stunned for more information.
Youth members and parents, if you aren’t already, please follow nccslsc_youth on Instagram to stay up to date with all the happenings within the youth space
Bring on the weekend!
GOOD LUCK to all our members that are about to sit their HSC!
Director of Youth Development
Whether you’re in the market to sell or buy, whether it’s a cozy one-bedroom apartment or a luxurious family home with breathtaking ocean views, James consistently delivers outstanding results. Clarke & Humel, a family-owned business, takes a personalized approach and prides itself on providing unparalleled service and expertise. They are dedicated to helping you maximize the value of your Northern Beaches property, bringing people together with local knowledge and a wealth of market experience to enrich their lifestyles.
We extend our gratitude to James and Clarke & Humel for their generous support of North Curl Curl SLSC.