For safety in the water, we need to know each child’s capabilities before water activities are undertaken. Once completed, the Water Safety to Junior Member ratio is 1:5. Any child not meeting the evaluation level will require a Water Safety ratio of 1:1 when involved in water activities (participation at the discretion of the Club). We do encourage Nippers to attend the first pool session as 1:1 Water Safety is required for those not holding a current Preliminary Evaluation award.
- The assessment will take 5 to 10 minutes pending numbers.
- For U8-U14 age groups this is a mandatory pool swim and float
- U6 & U7 are not required to attend this evaluation. We will manage your evaluation at the beach.
- On the day volunteers will be asked to assist at each end of a lane
- Swim caps not compulsory
Do Not Come
- If you are a member of either the Yellow or Green training squad. You will be assessed at training.
- If you attend a swim training squad then your coach can perform this evaluation. See swim coach approval process
- If this season you are U10 to U13’s, were carnival proficient last year, and prior to Christmas will swim a competition length course on a Nipper Sunday.
- If you have any cold or flu like symptoms please stay at home
- Friday 9th October 2020
- Pending non proficient numbers we will organise another heated pool swim. Alternatively, swim in the NCC ocean pool at one of the first few nippers.
- To spread numbers, attend during your time slot where doable. Siblings swimming together accepted.
- U8 from 3:30pm to 4:15pm
- U9 from 4:00pm to 4:45pm
- U10 & U11 from 4:30pm to 5:15pm
- U12 and above from 5:00 pm to 5:30pm
- Entrance Fee is a Gold coin donation to “Variety the children’s charity”
- NB Swim School 9B Green Street Brookvale
- Please observe all social distancing rules.
- Best parking at Warringah Mall or Aldi and walk 2 minutes up the road
- Visit this page prior to the day for further instructions.
Is this the only Evaluation?
For U9 and above who wish to compete at carnivals, an additional “Competition Proficiency” is required.
“Competition Proficiency” is achieved by either swimming around the cans on a Nipper Sunday and ensuring your Age Manager records the result -or- swimming a competition distance during Green squad training.
Nippers who were “Competition Proficient” last year have until December 31 to renew their proficiency.
Can you assist with Assessments?
On the day volunteers will be asked to assist at each end of a lane, but we would be delighted to hear from you ahead of time if you would like to help us out. Please let us know at: